With season two of HBO’s Game of Thrones series at an end, Rolling Stone gives readers a way to keep the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros storyline going until season three.
The Game of Thrones video game is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, and features familiar locations from both the A Song of Ice and Fire book series and the TV show. The game also delves into a new storyline for fans to adventure through 30-plus hours of gameplay. Read official rules here.
Three (3) grand prize winners win a prize pack that includes: one (1) Game of Thrones video game (in winner’s choice of either PS3 or Xbox 360), one (1) limited edition Game of Thrones: Visuals from the RPG hardbound game art book and one (1) Prima official game guide.
Official Rules for the “Game of Thrones Video Game”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington DC (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) who as of June 8, 2012 are 18 years of age or older.
Sponsor: Rolling Stone LLC (“Rolling Stone”)
1. How to Enter:
- No mechanically reproduced or computer generated entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or entries containing incorrect or incomplete information. Not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer, on-line, or Internet systems or services, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry or confirmation or winners notice on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, problems with rollingstone.com website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entries become the property of Rolling Stone and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- 2. Winner(s):
- Selection of Winner. Three (3) winners (each, a “Winner”) will be selected from a random drawing held on or about June 16, 2012 from among all eligible entries received by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor. The winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- Decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfillment of all requirements.
a. Three (3) Winners will receive the following prize (a “Prize”):
- Game of Thrones Video Game for either PS3 or XBOX 360;
- Limited edition Game of Thrones Video Game art book; and
- Official Prima game guide.
b. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $80. Actual retail value of the Prize may vary. If the prize includes travel and winner cannot travel on the dates required to attend the Event, winner will forfeit the Prize in its entirety and Sponsor may, at its option, either select a second place winner in his or her place or be relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize. Winner is responsible for any expenses not expressly included in the Prize description, such as additional ground transportation expenses, incidentals, meals, beverages and any other expenses.
c. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible.
- No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of greater or equal value.
- All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. Consult with your tax professional regarding potential tax implications.
- Potential finalists must execute Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form(s) within 10 days of notification. Noncompliance, or return of prize notification as undeliverable or inability to locate finalist within 5 days after notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate finalist. Winner’s travel companion must execute a Release of Liability Form.
- e. By participating in the Sweepstakes and accepting any prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties“) from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including without limitation any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the winner’s and his/her travel companion’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. Released Parties shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables.
Released Parties are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes consent to use entrant’s name, biographical information, image and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of rollingstone.com or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes in the event the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding with regard to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- ARBITRATION and WAIVER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES: As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator located in New York County, New York; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees. Disputes arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
5. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Rolling Stone LLC, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104.
6. Winner’s List:
For name of prize winner, after 6/16/12, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed, No.10 envelope to: “Game of Thrones Video Game Sweepstakes” Attention: Rolling Stone, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104.