With it being over two years since we last heard NFL players read mean tweets about themselves in front of 23 million people, Jimmy Kimmel turned to some of the biggest names in the game in the lead-up to Super Bowl LI to remind everyone that athletes have to put up with a lot of crap on social media.
Joining him this time: Odell Beckham Jr., DeMarco Murray, Maurice Jones-Drew, Josh Norman and Michael Irvin to name a few. And while every tweet is worthy of your attention – even if it's just to see their reactions to people hurling creative insults at them over Twitter – here are a few that stand out from the crowd:
- JJ Watt kinda looks like a fat Macklemore.
- I'm tired of people saying Russell Wilson is too short to play quarterback. He's ugly, too.
- Von Miller looks like an 80-year-old man from 1974.
- Joey Bosa looks like a dude who wanted to be a magician but his parents made him focus on football.
- Rob Gronkowski is one of the dumbest people in the world. I have no problem tweeting this because he probably can’t read it.
By the way, Gronkowski did actually read the last one before calling @Super_Strat the dumb one. We also learned Tony Romo is all about the sitting down to pee life and Kurt Warner might know a thing or two about sharting. Kimmel's Mean Tweets really is the gift that keeps on giving.
Watch Super Bowl halftime shows ranked from worst to best.