For the latest issue of Rolling Stone, we asked our panel of experts what scare tactics Republicans could pull to swing the midterm elections. Below is a taste of Bill Maher's top ten list. Check out the full panel — including New York Times columnist Frank Rich, conservative pundit Bill Buchanan and many more — and tell us what you think.
(1) Bin Laden will be captured and we will discover a detailed plan of the next Al Qaeda strike as well as an entire album of color photos of Tom and Katie's baby.
(2) A terrorist plot to blow up the World Series will be foiled through a warrantless wiretap on the bullpen phone.
(3) John Mark Karr says Ted Kennedy put him up to it.
(4) Arrange for Iran to retake the hostages.
(5) Change the name of October to "9/11."