In our Daily Threat Assessment slideshow, we bring you stories that are (for the most part) important in some way but also striking, shocking, funny, or just plain strange, and divvy them up into two types: With Us and Against Us. In today’s installment,
• In Mexico, a teacher soothes her students with a song – as a drug shootout goes down
• Japanese seniors offer help at leaking nuclear plant
• Scannable gravestones bring the dead to life
• Cell phones are “possibly” carcinogenic
• Hackers might take over your car
• Arizona penalizes the obese, smokers
Click through to the photo gallery.