- Shaky ceasefire in Lebanon; six Hezbollah fighters killed in skirmish.
- Seymour Hersh: The White House approved Israeli attacks against Hezbollah months before soldiers were kidnapped.
- “I will do my best to ‘Swift Boat’ John Murtha.” Veteran’s group targets the Dem’s most unlikely dove as the November campaign approaches.
- Catching his own paper in a lie, the “Publich Editor” finds that the New York Times weighed publishing its NSA wiretap expose before the 2004 election.
- The rise of the Congressional “skintern“.
[With Brendan Fitzgibbons]