- An initial U.N. report says Israeli forces 'ignored' U.N. peacekeepers' 10 separate attempts to halt bombing before an explosion killed four of them.
- The National Resource Defense Council says global warming imperils 12 national parks, including Yellowstone.
- Saddam Hussein has requested death by firing squad if found guilty.
- The Senate passed legislation making it a federal crime to help underage girls circumvent parental consent laws by crossing state borders to get an abortion.
- And in Pennsyvania, an ER doc has refused to provide emergency contraception to a rape victim, citing his religious beliefs.
[Hat Tip: Brendan Fitzgibbons]