Spark is certainly a fitting album title for Drake White. First, there's his band name: Drake White and the Big Fire. But more relevant is his performance style: a caffeinated, foot-stomping, guitar-shredding surge of musical heat.
The past three years have seen the Alabama native open shows for the likes of Darius Rucker and Eric Church, and losing one record deal only to gain another fairly quickly. His debut single, "Simple Life" was released in 2013 but was never accompanied by a full album. A 2015 EP followed, and later this summer, on August 19th, White will finally release his first LP.
"Since we began this journey working on the album, I knew I wanted the title to be Spark," says White. "The idea of starting a fire from a tiny spark has always been so intriguing to me. That's the way I have always lived my life: starting with a small plan and then it becomes this dream I didn't even know to dream."
White co-wrote 10 of the 12 tracks on Spark, which was co-produced by Ross Copperman (Keith Urban, Brett Eldredge) and Jeremy Stover (Jack Ingram, Justin Moore). See the album's track list and writing credits below.
Drake White, Spark Track List:
- "Heartbeat" - Drake White, Ross Copperman, Jason Sellers
2. "Story" - Drake White, Mark Irwin, Tommy Lee James
3. "Makin' Me Look Good Again" - Drake White, Monty Criswell, Shane Minor
4. "It Feels Good" - Drake White, Derek George, Philip Pence
5. "Livin' the Dream" - Tom Douglas, Jaren Johnston, Luke Laird
6. "I Need Real" - Drake White, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite
7. "Back to Free" - Drake White, Randy Montana, Philip Pence
8. "Equator" - Drake White, Matt Jenkins, Trevor Rosen
9. "Live Some" - Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
10. "Waitin' on the Whiskey to Work" - Drake White, Tony Lane, Philip Pence
11. "Elvis" - Drake White, Jeremy Spillman, Ryan Tyndell
12. "Take Me As I Am" - Drake White, Phil Barton, Lindsay Jack Rimes