Spears' splashiest recent singles — “Til the World Ends,” “I Wanna Go” and the Will.i.am collaboration “Scream & Shout” — have all been overpowering electro-shocks unleashed on the dancefloor, with her voice mutating into mythic shapes over planet-size beats. Her newest (produced by Dr. Luke, Ammo and Cirkut) is another big Euro-house escapade (complete with a stomping bit before the chorus where she and a cheerleader army of micro-Brits promise to “turn it up till the speakers pop”). But the song, cut for the soundtrack to The Smurfs 2, is mainly noteworthy for how airy and open it feels; Spears’ voice during the verses is lithe and uncluttered, the melody is carried by a breezy acoustic guitar and the chorus (“come with me be my ooh la la”) is one of her gentlest bubblegum innuendos. If the gear-shifting structure assures the song never quite hits lift-off, being underpowered is okay. This is Britney as summer breeze, blowing through the wind tunnel of our mind.
"Ooh La La"
- Britney Spears
- "Ooh La La"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
Men's Journal10 Sex Positions That Will Get Her Off Every Time
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
Cracked5 Movies That Made Huge Stars Quit Acting Forever
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
- Read Kanye West's Blunt, Poignant VMA Video Vanguard Award Speech
- Miley Cyrus Slams Nicki Minaj Over VMAs Snub Reaction
- Watch Nicki Minaj Blast Miley Cyrus During VMA Acceptance Speech
- Beef, Bombast and Kanye West Reign at Wild MTV Video Music Awards
- MTV VMAs 2015: The Complete Winners List
- Watch Kanye West Get Booed by '60,000 People' at a Dodgers Game
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Watch Justin Bieber Stage Kidnapping in 'What Do You Mean?' Video