On the second single from her upcoming album, rising cult star (and David Byrne protégée) Annie Clark gets as close to full-on pop as she ever has. Bouncy robo-horns and shaky-on-purpose vocals slide into a retro-futurist chorus that hits like classic Madonna. It's the sound of an art-pop weirdo throwing a curveball by playing it delightfully straight.
- St. Vincent
- "Digital Witness"
From The Archives Issue 1201: January 30, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Tom Brady Is Free, and Roger Goodell Is Screwed
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'