It takes big huevos for an MC to name their song after Public Enemy's agit-rap landmark. But there you go. Spitting bare-knuckle rhymes over turret-gun electro-beats, she's still hurling psychedelic firebombs ("do ya like my perfume? Made it at home with gasoline and 'shrooms") and shouting down Babylon ("it's not me and you, it's the fucking banks!"). And she can still get surprisingly gorgeous, as on the haunting bhangra-styled outro. In short, she sounds hungry, always a good quality in a rapper. So, is she chanting "freedom!", "free them!" or "freak them!" on the chorus? Probably all of the above.
"Bring The Noize"
- "Bring The Noize"
From The Archives Issue 1186: July 4, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Movies That Made Huge Stars Quit Acting Forever
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes (Where Nobody Has Sex)
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Breaking Benjamin Battle Mystery Illness on Painful Road to Number One
- 50 Greatest Prog Rock Albums of All Time
- Kim Kardashian Gets Real: 11 Revelations From the New Cover Story
- Watch Libertines Enjoy Drunken Revelry in Thailand in 'Gunga Din' Video
- Hear David Bowie's Rare, Original 'Holy Holy' From 1971