The opening lyrics, "If the business men drink my blood/Like the kids in art school said they would/Then I guess I'll begin again" manifested from singer/co-writer Win Butler's academic days. "For me, the feeling of "Ready to Start" came from going to art school and meeting a lot of people who had really defined political ideas and rules about art," he said. "But I just wanted to make something in the world and worry about the rest of it later and not get too caught up in rules." Butler's unconventional approach led to a Grammy nomination for the song.
Ready to Start
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'