Following collaborations with Manu Chao and Damon Albarn, and their critically favored album Welcome to Mali, the blind, mid-life Central African couple amped-up their hipster quotient ever higher for the making of their album Folila by enlisting special guests. Featuring Santigold and Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner on complimentary vocal and guitar flash, "Dougou Badia," the album's first single, was buzzworthy and yet still grounded in the duo's signature joie de vivre. "People are surprised by the quality of our music, and the way we are able to play with other musicians, to fit into other kinds of music -- that is what amazes them," said Mariam.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- The Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills