After weeks of speculation, Madonna has been confirmed as the performer for the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVI, which will air live on February 5th from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana. The pop icon will be collaborating with Cirque du Soleil for the show, which promises to be rather dramatic and intensely physical.
The Super Bowl, traditionally one of the highest-rated programs of the year, will give Madonna a major platform to launch her next album and tour, which are both expected to debut in 2012. Odds are pretty much even that the singer will play new material in the halftime show; it remains to be seen which of her many hits will be showcased in the set.
• Madonna: Super Bowl Plans, New Single?
• Madonna Responds to Leaked Demo
• Madonna’s Daughter Shares Fashion Tips Upon Launch of Her Makeup Line
• Madonna and Lourdes Search for the Ultimate Material Girl
• Madonna Reinvents Herself