The five-year wait for a new album from Reba McEntire will be over on April 14th, with the release of Love Somebody, her first for the newly formed Nash Icon Records, a division of the Big Machine Label Group. (See the album’s cover art below.)
McEntire shared the news with fans via a message on her website, writing, “We’ve been working on it a long time and we can’t wait to hear what you think about it. As you all know, I love looking for songs to record. I’ve said that many times.”
McEntire notes that after searching through “thousands of songs to find just the right ones for this album,” the upcoming LP will feature a dozen tracks, from familiar songwriters such as Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Sam Hunt, Rhett Akins and Lori McKenna. Also included is the McEntire-penned anthem, “Pray for Peace.” Jennifer Nettles provides guest vocals on “Enough” and a Target-exclusive of the album gives buyers two bonus tracks.
Love Somebody got off to a powerful — and empowering — start with the release of its first single, “Going Out Like That” last month when the track shot straight to the top of the iTunes country chart.
“When you listen to thousands of songs trying to find just the right one to record, a really great song jumps out at you,” McEntire says of the tune penned by veteran songwriters Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins and Jason Sellers. “That’s exactly what ‘Going Out Like That’ did to me. It jumped out because it’s a great song with up-tempo sassiness! The first time I heard it, a man was singing the demo. When I sang it coming from a female perspective, it became a woman’s power anthem.”
Love Somebody is the Country Music Hall of Fame member’s 27th studio album since her 1977 debut album.
Love Somebody track listing and writing credits:
1. “Going Out Like That” (Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jason Sellers)
2. “Enough” featuring Jennifer Nettles (Kelly Archer, Aaron Scherz, Emily Shackelton)
3. “She Got Drunk Last Night” (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally)
4. “Livin’ Ain’t Killed Me Yet” (Tommy Lee James, Laura Veltz)
5. “That’s When I Knew” (Jim Collins, Ashley Gorley)
6. “I’ll Go On” (Ella Mae Bowen, Tommy Lee James)
7. “Until They Don’t Love You” (Shane McAnally, Lori McKenna, Josh Osborne)
8. “Promise Me Love” (Nicole Fernandez, Jason Miller, Susan Ruth)
9. “Just Like Them Horses” (Liz Hengber, Tommy Lee James)
10. “Love Somebody” (Sam Hunt, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
11. “Love Land” (Tom Douglas, Rachel Thibodeau)
12. “Pray for Peace” (Reba McEntire)
13. “Whatever Way It Hurts the Least” (Brandy Clark, Tommy Lee James, Josh Osborne)
14. “More Than Just Her Last Name” (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)