Reba McEntire will make two auspicious returns this spring as the Country Music Hall of Fame legend sets April 5th as the release date for her new studio album, Stronger Than the Truth. Two days later the 16-time ACM award winner will return to host the 54th Academy of Country Music Awards live from Las Vegas. This will mark the 16th time the Oklahoma-born superstar has hosted the star-studded event.
Stronger Than the Truth, which will be issued via Big Machine Records, consists of 12 tracks, co-produced by the singer with Buddy Cannon. McEntire’s previous LP Sing It Now: Songs of Faith and Hope was a Grammy and Dove Award-winning project for and inspired her to continue recording songs that speak to the heart.
“When I started selecting songs for this album, I stuck with that same formula — go with the songs that touch my heart, and hopefully when you hear me singing it, they’ll touch yours too,” she says in a statement, noting that the new music harkens back to her country music and Oklahoma ranching roots. “I grew up on an 8,000-acre family ranch singing at dance halls, honky-tonks and rodeos with my brother and sister. I haven’t gotten to do that in a while, so I’m thrilled to pieces.”
McEntire is among the songwriters represented on the album, having co-written two tracks: “No U in Oklahoma” and “In His Mind.” Several other women contributed songs to the project, including Brandy Clark, Leslie Satcher, Erin Enderlin, Liz Hengber, Jaida Dreyer, and Hillary Lindsey.
Exclusive album bundles are now available at www.reba.com, and pre-orders of the album will begin Friday, February, 15th in conjunction with a Facebook Live event at 1 p.m. ET that day. Pre-orders will include an immediate download of the title track. The 54th ACM Awards will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
Stronger Than the Truth track listing:
- “Swing All Night Long With You” (Sidney Cox, Jon Randall)
- “Stronger Than the Truth” (Hannah Louise Blaylock, Autumn McEntire)
- “Storm in a Shot Glass” (Mary Browder, Will Robinson, Leslie Satcher)
- “Tammy Wynette Kind of Pain” (Brandy Clark, Mark Narmore, Shelley Skidmore)
- “Cactus In A Coffee Can” (Steve Seskin, Allen Shamblin)
- “Your Heart” (Kellys Collins)
- “The Clown” (Dallas Davidson, Hillary Lindsey, James Slater)
- “No U in Oklahoma” (Reba McEntire, Ronnie Dunn, Donna McSpadden)
- “The Bar’s Getting Lower” (Kellys Collins, Erin Enderlin, Liz Hengber, Alex Kline)
- “In His Mind” (Reba McEntire, Liz Hengber, Tommy Lee James)
- “Freedom” (Jay Brunswick, Tommy Cecil, Jaida Dreyer, John Pierce)
- “You Never Gave Up On Me” (Billy Aerts, Burton Collins)