Miranda Lambert has revealed the titles and songwriters of the 24 tracks that will appear on her upcoming album, The Weight of These Wings. The Grammy-winner’s sixth studio LP is a double album divided into discs titled The Nerve and The Heart. The album’s first single, “Vice,” was released in July and peaked at Number Two.
Lambert is a co-writer on 20 of the album’s 24 cuts, and the record also features contributions from several frequent collaborators on past LPs from the six-time CMA Female Vocalist, including Natalie Hemby, Ashley Monroe and Nicole Gallyon. Other co-writers include Jack Ingram, John Randall, Gwen Sebastian, Waylon Payne, Shane McAnally, Lucie Silvas and Lambert’s boyfriend, Anderson East. The album also includes Lambert’s version of “Covered Wagon,” a 1971 single by Danny O’Keefe, best known for his pop-country hit, “Good Time Charlie’s Got the Blues.”
The singer-songwriter’s new album, her first since Platinum was released in June 2014, is also her first since divorcing Blake Shelton in 2015, after four years of marriage. The Texas native now makes her home in Nashville and has clearly taken advantage of her surroundings.
“It’s been a really cool journey because I’ve lived in Nashville for the last year almost now,” she told Rolling Stone Country and other reporters during CMA Music Festival in June. “I’ve been able to write so much more than I had before, just not being on the road constantly and moving from Oklahoma. All my friends [in Nashville] are songwriters. We’re either hanging out and accidentally wrote a song or we had it set up, so I probably wrote like five days a week for five months straight.”
Lambert will embark on her 2017 Highway Vagabond Tour beginning in January.
The Weight of These Wings, produced by Frank Liddell, Glenn Worf and Eric Masse, will be available for pre-order beginning Friday, October 21st, and will be released November 18th.
The Weight of These Wings track listing (and songwriters):
Disc One – The Nerve
1. “Runnin’ Just in Case” (Miranda Lambert, Gwen Sebastian)
2. “Highway Vagabond” (Luke Dick, Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally)
3. “Ugly Lights” (Miranda Lambert, Natalie Hemby, Liz Rose)
4. “You Wouldn’t Know Me” (Shake Russell)
5. “We Should Be Friends” (Miranda Lambert)
6. “Pink Sunglasses” (Rodney Clawson, Luke Dick, Natalie Hemby)
7. “Getaway Driver” (Miranda Lambert, Anderson East, Natalie Hemby)
8. “Vice” (Miranda Lambert, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
9. “Smoking Jacket” (Miranda Lambert, Natalie Hemby, Lucie Silvas)
10. “Pushin’ Time” (Miranda Lambert, Natalie Hemby, Foy Vance)
11. “Covered Wagon” (Danny O’Keefe)
12. “Use My Heart” (Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, Waylon Payne)
Disc Two – The Heart
1. “Tin Man” (Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram, Jon Randall)
2. “Good Ol’ Days” (Miranda Lambert, Brent Cobb, Adam Hood)
3. “Things That Break” (Miranda Lambert, Jessi Alexander, Natalie Hemby)
4. “For the Birds” (Miranda Lambert, Aaron Raitiere)
5. “Well-Rested” (Miranda Lambert, Anderson East, Aaron Raitiere)
6. “Tomboy” (Miranda Lambert, Natalie Hemby, Aaron Raitiere)
7. “To Learn Her” (Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, Waylon Payne)
8. “Keeper of the Flame” (Miranda Lambert, Natalie Hemby, Liz Rose)
9. “Bad Boy” (Miranda Lambert, Mando Saenz)
10. “Six Degrees of Separation” (Miranda Lambert, Nicolle Galyon, Natalie Hemby)
11. “Dear Old Sun” (Miranda Lambert, Terri Jo Box, Gwen Sebastian)
12. “I’ve Got Wheels” (Miranda Lambert, Gwen Sebastian, Scotty Wray)