Dierks Bentley and his faux-real Nineties-country band Hot Country Knights are dressed like they’re about to charge into a medieval battle in space on the cover of their debut album The K Is Silent. Produced by Bentley, the music-meets-comedy project comes out via Universal Music Nashville on May 1st.
In addition to the previously released “Pick Her Up” with Travis Tritt, and the posterior-praising “Asphalt,” The K Is Silent features some evocative song titles such as “Moose Knuckle Shuffle,” “Wrangler Danger,” and “The USA Begins With US.” Terri Clark shows up as a guest on “You Make It Hard” (which Bentley’s manager Mary Hilliard Harrington co-wrote). Bentley penned most of the songs with a group of his frequent collaborators including Jim Beavers, Brett Beavers, and Jon Randall.
In April, the group will headline a series of shows on the One Knight Stand Tour.
Bentley also had a scrape with the tornado that did so much damage to the Nashville area and beyond on Tuesday morning. A licensed pilot, Bentley was flying his small craft back from Los Angeles and managed to navigate his way around the storm cell before landing at John C. Tune airport just northwest of Nashville. Shortly after, the funnel cloud from that cell destroyed the entire airport.
“Glad we landed when we did. Wouldn’t have been so good an hour later,” he wrote on Instagram, noting that his drummer Steve Misamore had been one of many to lose his home in the storm.
View this post on Instagram
@astephens1110 and I ducked around this crazy cell and landed at john tune airport around 11:30 last night, coming back from LA. Glad we landed when we did. Wouldn’t have been so good an hour later. It was the cell that turned into the tornado. Lot of people lost their homes, including our drummer, and a lot of people in need. But no one comes together as a city like #nashville does.
Hot Country Knights – The K Is Silent track list
- “Hot Country Knights” [Brett Beavers, Jim Beavers, Cassady Feasby, Ben Helson, Dan Hochhalter, Chase McGill, Steve Misamore, Jon Nite, Jon Randall, Tim Sergent, Brett Tyler and Dierks Bentley]
- “Pick Her Up” (Featuring Travis Tritt) [Dierks Bentley, Brett Beavers and Jim Beavers]
- “Asphalt” [Jim Beavers, Jon Nite and Brett Tyler]
- “Moose Knuckle Shuffle” [Brett Beavers, Jim Beavers, Buddy Brock, Dan Hochalter, Chase McGill, Zach Turner and Brett Tyler]
- “Then It Rained” [Brett Beavers, Jon Nite and Jon Randall]
- “Wrangler Danger” [Dierks Bentley, Brett Beavers and Jim Beavers]
- “Mull It Over” [Dierks Bentley, Jim Beavers and Jon Randall]
- “Kings Of Neon” [Dierks Bentley, Brett Beavers and Chase McGill]
- “You Make It Hard” (Featuring Terri Clark) [Dierks Bentley, Brett Beavers, Jim Beavers, Mary Hilliard Harrington, Jon Randall and Luke Wooten]
- “The USA Begins With US” [Dierks Bentley, Brett Beavers and Jim Beavers]