Singer-songwriter Logan Mize contests the notion that you can’t go home again in “Come Back Road,” the title track from his new album. The independently-released Come Back Road, Mize’s first full-length since parting ways with Sony Music Nashville, will be out July 28th.
Mize, a native of Clearwater, Kansas, sings of “the USA that time forgot,” where things don’t seem to change on a weekly basis. It’s a container for memories – Springsteen’s voice on the radio, unseen romances in the moonlight – but also a place that will wait when your dreams carry you beyond the city limits sign. “Come Back Road,” written by Josh Kear, Ross Copperman and Rodney Clawson, benefits from symmetry in the production – a fingerpicked acoustic guitar and Mize’s serrated edge vocals give way to a contemporary, thunderous drum loop before returning to the acoustic strums.
Come Back Road, produced by Dan Agee, also features the single “Ain’t Always Pretty,” which has garnered an impressive 20 million spins on Spotify after being launched by Bobby Bones. This weekend, Mize will celebrate the release of Come Back Road with shows in El Dorado and Concordia, in his native Kansas.
Come Back Road track listing :
1. “Somebody to Thank” (Josh Kear / David Frasier / Ed Hill)
2. “Life’s a Party” (Josh Kear / Mark Irwin / Chris Tompkins)
3. “Cool Girl” (Logan Mize /Daniel Tashian)
4. “Come Back Road” (Josh Kear / Rodney Clawson / Ross Copperman)
5. “Better Off Gone” (Abe Stoklasa / Donovan Woods)
6. “All This Night Needs” (Daniel Tashian / Matraca Berg/ Dave Berg)
7. “Ain’t Always Pretty” (Brett Warren / Brad Warren / Chris Stevens / Lance Miller)
8. “Drinkin’ Buddies” (Chris Gelbuda / Kylie Sackley)
9. “Bands Make Her Dance” (Logan Mize / Rodney Clawson / Luke Dick)
10. “Catch a Fish” (Logan Mize / Warren / Warren / Miller)
11. “All Time” (Luke Dick / Shane McAnally / Josh Osborne)
12. “Big City” (Daniel Tashian / Troy Verges)