On October 28th, Kip Moore will release his Underground EP, a collection of five new original songs that were inspired by his time on the road. First up from the EP is “My Kind,” a sturdy, defiant track that features Moore proudly aligning himself with normal, rough-around-the-edges folks.
Written by Moore with Erik Dylan and Justin Weaver, “My Kind” starts on a chugging electric guitar riff and rim clicks that pitch it musically somewhere between the Cars’ “My Best Friend’s Girl” and Bruce Springsteen’s “I’m On Fire.” Moore strikes the defiant tone that’s been a part of his artistry since “Reckless (Still Growin’ Up)” from his debut album, depicting people who live by the work hard-party harder axiom and refuse to back down from confrontation. “I’ll make you a promise / If you’re looking for trouble tonight / you’re gonna get it from me and my kind,” he sings.
That key line from “My Kind” inspired the name of Moore’s current tour, which he’s sharing with “Dirt on My Boots” singer Jon Pardi. That trek kicks off September 30th in Oklahoma City and, if the promotional video is any indication, it should be a fun experience for fans and artists alike.
Underground EP track list:
1. “All Time Low” (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Luke Dick)
2. “My Kind” (Kip Moore, Erik Dylan, Justin Weaver)
3. “Midnight Slow Dance (Live)” (Kip Moore, Mike Elizondo, Dan Couch)
4. “Separate Ways (Live)” (Kip Moore, Jordyn Mallory, Dan Couch)
5. “My Baby’s Gone (Live)” (Kip Moore, William Rinehart, Nathaniel Rinehart)