Veteran country hitmaker Craig Morgan (“That’s What I Love About Sundays,” “Redneck Yacht Club”) has revealed the details behind his ninth studio album, an introspective project aptly titled A Whole Lot More to Me.
Morgan co-wrote nearly half of the album’s 12 tracks and for the first time co-produced the set with recording wiz Byron Gallimore (who has also guided projects by A-listers including Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Lee Ann Womack). According to Morgan, the album was almost a full year in the making and finds him at the height of his musical powers.
“I’ve got a renewed energy with this record,” he says of the project, due out June 3rd. “In fact, I’m at the pinnacle of my career — producing, singing and touring. And this album epitomizes that. It’s all about living to the fullest, and when people hear it, I know they’ll relate it to their own lives.”
The album’s uplifting first single, “When I’m Gone,” was released last fall, and Morgan plans to tour all summer with dates already lined up all across the country. He also hosts Craig Morgan: All Access Outdoors on the Outdoor Channel, which will soon begin its seventh season.
Craig Morgan’s A Whole Lot More to Me track list:
1. “I’ll Be Home Soon” (Justin Ebach/ Steven Dale Jones/ John King)
2. “Living On Memories” (Craig Morgan/ Scott Stepakoff/ Josh Osborne)
3. “All Cried Out” (Wendell Mobley/ Neil Thrasher/ Busbee)
4. “A Whole Lot More To Me” (Craig Morgan/ Mike Rogers)
5. “Hearts I Leave Behind” featuring Mac Powell (Nick Sturms/ Travis Meadows)
6. “Country Side Of Heaven” (Eric Paslay/ Dylan Altman/ Shane McAnally)
7. “Nowhere Without You” (Michael McDonald/ John Goodwin)
8. “I’m That Country” (Craig Morgan/ Mike Rogers/ Kevin Denney/ Tom Botkin)
9. “When I’m Gone” (Justin Ebach/ Steven Dale Jones)
10. “Who Would It Be” (Dylan Altman/ Will Hoge/ Gordie Sampson)
11. “Remind Me Why I’m Crazy” (Craig Morgan/ Jim McBride/ Phil O’Donnell)
12. “Can’t Wait To Stay” (Craig Morgan/ Phil O’Donnell)