Chris Stapleton has announced the title and track list of his eagerly awaited new album. From A Room: Volume 1 will be released May 5th, with a second volume to follow later this year.
Recorded, like his double platinum debut Traveller, with producer Dave Cobb at RCA Studio A in Nashville, the record takes its name from the famous studio where Waylon Jennings, Elvis Presley and countless others have made their albums.
Stapleton debuted From A Room: Volume 1 last night during an intimate listening session in Studio A before departing for a concert tonight in Columbus, Georgia. The Grammy-winning vocalist will officially launch his All-American Road Show Tour in May, and has added additional dates to the trek.
Priscilla Presley Disputes ‘Invalid’ Amendment to Lisa Marie’s Trust
Trump Hits the 2024 Campaign Trail With an Assault on ... Windmills?
‘I Hope They Stomp His Ass’: Memphis Police Release Video of Fatal Beating of Tyre Nichols
Trump's Killing Spree: The Inside Story of His Race to Execute Every Prisoner He Could
The track list for Volume 1 draws from Stapleton’s vast back catalog: prior to becoming a solo artist, he was a daily songwriter, collaborating with writers like Kendall Marvel, Craig Wiseman, Casey Beathard and Mike Henderson, his former bandmate in the bluegrass band the SteelDrivers. The album also includes Stapleton’s version of “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning,” made famous by Willie Nelson in 1982.
Here’s the track list for From A Studio: Volume 1:
1. “Broken Halos” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
2. “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning” (Gary P. Nunn and Donna Sioux Farar)
3. “Second One to Know” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
4. “Up to No Good Livin'” (Chris Stapleton and Casey Beathard)
5. “Either Way” (Chris Stapleton, Tim James and Kendall Marvel)
6. “I Was Wrong” (Chris Stapleton and Craig Wiseman)
7. “Without Your Love” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
8. “Them Stems” (Chris Stapleton, Jimmy Stewart and Shawn Camp)
9. “Death Row” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)