Blake Shelton Announces 2017 Tour Dates
Half a decade after kicking off their friendship on The Voice‘s second season, Blake Shelton and RaeLynn will hit the road for a shared winter tour. The Doin’ It to Country Songs Tour kicks off in Bakersfield, California, on February 16th, taking the two singers across the western half of the United States during a series of long weekends.
The future tour mates announced the news during a Facebook Live exchange yesterday evening. (Watch the video below.) Sitting in his trailer before another Voice episode in Hollywood, Shelton kicked off the live stream alone, with RaeLynn eventually “calling in” and joining the conversation via her living room couch. Together, the two engaged in a Newlyweds Game-influenced skit before reading off the 13 cities that make up the upcoming run.
Takeaways from the game include RaeLynn’s preference for footed pajamas and Shelton’s obsession with vodka and queso. The real highlights, though, were the pair’s teasing banter and obvious affection for each other, both of which date back to the weeks in which Shelton coached a pre-fame RaeLynn during the first half of The Voice‘s 2012 season. As a result, the Doin’ It to Country Songs Tour will shine a light not only on the catalogs of two mainstream artists, but also one of country music’s ongoing mentorships.
Tickets go on sale December 2nd. Here are the dates of Shelton’s winter tour:
- February 16 – Bakersfield, California @ Rabobank Arena
- February 17 – Los Angeles, California @ Forum
- February 23 – Portland, Oregon @ Moda Center
- February 24 – Spokane, Washington @ Spokane Arena
- February 25 – Tacoma, Washington @ Tacomadoma
- March 3 – Fresno, California @ Savemart Center
- March 4 – Las Vegas, Nevada @ TBA
- March 9 – Sacramento, California @ Golden 1 Center
- March 10 – San Jose, California @ SAP Center
- March 11 – San Diego, California @ Valley View Casino Center
- March 16 – Evansville, Indiana @ Ford Center
- March 17 – Chicago, Illinois @ Allstate Arena
- TBA – Omaha, Nebraska @ TBA
The Hold Steady Are Ready to Spread Their 'Gospel' in New 20th Anniversary Book
- Rock and Roll Memories