On 1993's Last Splash, former Pixies bassist Kim Deal pulled off a shocker: a record as good as anything by her old band that was also a pop success. With sister Kelley on guitar, Deal churned out sweet, slothy ballads, put a feminist spin on blues cliché and even had a Top 40 hit with the looped-out surf-rocker "Cannonball." This three-disc reissue adds a raft of cool demos, a 1994 concert and four EPs, including two doozies, 1994's Head to Toe and 1992's Safari, where they cover Sebadoh and the Who with an equally sly affection.
LSXX: Last Splash: 20th Anniversary Edition
- LSXX: Last Splash: 20th Anniversary Edition
- The Breeders
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Lucasfilm: New 'Indiana Jones' Film in the Works
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'