On 1993's Last Splash, former Pixies bassist Kim Deal pulled off a shocker: a record as good as anything by her old band that was also a pop success. With sister Kelley on guitar, Deal churned out sweet, slothy ballads, put a feminist spin on blues cliché and even had a Top 40 hit with the looped-out surf-rocker "Cannonball." This three-disc reissue adds a raft of cool demos, a 1994 concert and four EPs, including two doozies, 1994's Head to Toe and 1992's Safari, where they cover Sebadoh and the Who with an equally sly affection.
LSXX: Last Splash: 20th Anniversary Edition
- LSXX: Last Splash: 20th Anniversary Edition
- The Breeders
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'
- Andrew Luck: The Natural
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Fall Music Preview 2015: 30 Must-Hear Albums
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Scorpions' 'Wind of Change': The Oral History of 1990's Epic Power Ballad