Last time we heard from this jumpy glam outfit, on 2001's The Hogyssey, it seemed weird Spacehog were even still around; by then, singer Royston Langdon was mostly famous for dating Liv Tyler. Turns out the Hog picked a great decade-plus to take off; their loopy, Bowie-meets-Queen fist pump ( "Gluttony"), chill ballads ("Cool Water") and really long opening songs (seven minutes of trippy "Deceit") sound both kinda classic and really rockin' next to the Lumineers at one end and Animal Collective on the other. And they know it's been awhile: "Oh, Dinosaur" croons about missing agents and kids who ignore their dad. Someone find Major Tom the remote.
As It Is on Earth
- As It Is on Earth
From The Archives Issue 1183: May 23, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Real People Screwed By 'True-Story' Movies Based On Them
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died At Age 27
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Cracked6 On-Set Arguments That Almost Derailed Classic Films
- Why America Can't Quit the Drug War
- Dean Ween Remembers Prince: 'He Was My John Lennon'
- Radiohead Release Stunning 'Daydreaming' Video Ahead of New Album
- Is Conor McGregor Going to Fight Floyd Mayweather?
- John McCain Has a Yuge Donald Trump Problem
- Watch AC/DC Prepare for Tour With Guns N' Roses Singer Axl Rose
- Axl Rose on AC/DC Rehearsals: 'Only Day Off Was Surgery Day'
- Prince in the Nineties: An Oral History