It scared the living crap out of me. Only at the movies is that a compliment. So kudos to The Conjuring for putting fresh fire into the overworked haunted-house genre. Based on paranormal investigator Ed Warren (Patrick Wilson) and his clairvoyant wife, Lorraine (Vera Farmiga) – they worked the Amityville Horror case – the movie doesn't let up. The Warrens are skeptical when they first meet Roger Perron (Ron Livingston), his wife, Carolyn (a killer-good Lili Taylor), and their five daughters. It's 1971 and the family has just settled into a lakeside Rhode Island farmhouse. Then hellfire spits all over them. Director James Wan (Saw) works the R rating for hardcore chills. And Farmiga goes movingly beyond the call of scare duty. Know this: You'll scream your head off.
- The Conjuring
- Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor
- Directed by James Wan
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'
- Flashback: See Dolly Parton's Heavenly Collaboration on 'Sweetest Gift'