I smiled twice during Paranoia. Both times when Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman had scenes together and hammed it up like pros in hog heaven. They play tech-firm tycoons out to take each other down. The rest of this alleged thriller is minus suspense, soul, and any valid reason for being. Liam Hemsworth, Thor's brother, plays Adam – the young stud in a suit who gets between these two swinging dicks. He's way out of his league. And his romance with a marketing babe (gorgeous Amber Heard) gives pro forma a bad name. Director Robert Luketic, whose movies range from decent (Legally Blonde, 21) to disastrous (Killers, The Ugly Truth) has no game here. How could he, with a script by Barry L. Levy and Jason Hall, based on the novel by Joseph Finder, that packs all the oomph of a straight-to-video write-off. It galls me that Hollywood thinks we're shallow enough to swallow this swill. Or am I just being paranoid?
- Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman
- Directed by Robert Luketic
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Watch Lady Gaga Perform Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce's Colorful 'Hymn for the Weekend' Video
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody