It's been a dozen years since Monsters, Inc., in which Mike, a one-eyed green ball of wisecracks voiced by Billy Crystal, and Sulley, a giant blue fur rug, given wit and warmth by John Goodman, became experts in frightening kids. In Monsters University, a 3D, animated prequel from the whiz kids at Pixar, Mike and Sulley are just starting out in the scare business, frenemies itching to join the same fraternity. Their hijinks nearly get them kicked off campus by meanie Dean Hardscrabble (Helen Mirren, of all queenly voices) until they join a loser fraternity and enter the Scare Games. It's all infectious fun, despite the lack of originality. In the art of tickling funny bones, Crystal and Goodman earn straight A's.
- Monsters University
- Billy Crystal,John Goodman
- Directed by Dan Scanlon
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease
- Kendrick Lamar Recorded With Prince for 'To Pimp a Butterfly'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Ethan Hawke Perform Bob Dylan Lullabies
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue