This may sound like heresy, but I'm getting Robert Downey'ed-out – at least as Iron Man and his alter ego, Tony Stark. The loose-cannon vibe that hooked us in the 2008 original has atrophied into shtick. And after a 2010 sequel and last year's The Avengers, isn't it time for this dynamo to move on to – dare I say it – acting? He won't, of course. The franchise needs feeding, and Iron Man 3 is already a hulking box-office behemoth. I admit the movie has its moments. Director Shane Black zips the action along. Guy Pearce and a slumming Ben Kingsley have fun as the baddies. And Gwyneth Paltrow gets more to do than snuggle up to a metal head. But for all the clanking armies of iron knights on display to dazzle the eager kid in each of us, this summer epic rings hollow. There's no one home inside the suit.
Iron Man 3
- Iron Man 3
- Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow
- Directed by Shane Black
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Slay Anything: Is Beyonce Beyond Criticism?
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar