This may sound like heresy, but I'm getting Robert Downey'ed-out – at least as Iron Man and his alter ego, Tony Stark. The loose-cannon vibe that hooked us in the 2008 original has atrophied into shtick. And after a 2010 sequel and last year's The Avengers, isn't it time for this dynamo to move on to – dare I say it – acting? He won't, of course. The franchise needs feeding, and Iron Man 3 is already a hulking box-office behemoth. I admit the movie has its moments. Director Shane Black zips the action along. Guy Pearce and a slumming Ben Kingsley have fun as the baddies. And Gwyneth Paltrow gets more to do than snuggle up to a metal head. But for all the clanking armies of iron knights on display to dazzle the eager kid in each of us, this summer epic rings hollow. There's no one home inside the suit.
Iron Man 3
- Iron Man 3
- Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow
- Directed by Shane Black
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Avengers: Age of Ultron