This may sound like heresy, but I'm getting Robert Downey'ed-out – at least as Iron Man and his alter ego, Tony Stark. The loose-cannon vibe that hooked us in the 2008 original has atrophied into shtick. And after a 2010 sequel and last year's The Avengers, isn't it time for this dynamo to move on to – dare I say it – acting? He won't, of course. The franchise needs feeding, and Iron Man 3 is already a hulking box-office behemoth. I admit the movie has its moments. Director Shane Black zips the action along. Guy Pearce and a slumming Ben Kingsley have fun as the baddies. And Gwyneth Paltrow gets more to do than snuggle up to a metal head. But for all the clanking armies of iron knights on display to dazzle the eager kid in each of us, this summer epic rings hollow. There's no one home inside the suit.
Iron Man 3
- Iron Man 3
- Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow
- Directed by Shane Black
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- Lewis Black on Surviving Two Decades at 'The Daily Show'
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Jimmy Page on 'Coda,' Led Zep's Indian Sojourn and His Next Big Project