Peter Travers is happy to say that Hollywood did not screw up The Hunger Games, the film adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ hit novel about a dystopian future in which teens compete in brutal televised matches where everyone but the victor gets sent home in body bags. The true hero of the movie is Jennifer Lawrence, who turns in a spectacular performance as teen fighter Katniss Everdeen. The violence is a bit mild, but appropriately so – it is, after all, meant for a young audience.
• Off the Cuff with Peter Travers: Liam Hemsworth Prepares for ‘Hunger Games’ Domination
• Photos: If Rockers Ruled Panem – Bieber, Lambert, Minaj and More Star in Our Version of ‘The Hunger Games’
• Photos: ‘The Hunger Games’ Comes to the Big Screen
• Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire Talk ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack
• Album Review: ‘The Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 and Beyond
• Lenny Kravitz Opens Up About ‘The Hunger Games’ Movie
• Listen: Taylor Swift’s ‘Hunger Games’ Ballad ‘Safe and Sound’