Sylvester Stallone will not be battling ISIS in the next Rambo sequel, despite inaccurate reports circulating the Internet. Rumors began to swirl Monday morning that the veteran actor-filmmaker would reprise his legendary role as war veteran John Rambo in a new film called Rambo: Last Blood. However, a representative for Stallone denied those claims to Rolling Stone, noting that the actor was not even at the event. “Sylvester Stallone did not attend Comic-Con 2015, and consequently there was no official remark from him regarding Rambo made there at the event,” the rep says. “This is not an accurate report.”
Various publications have cited Stallone as announcing the ISIS plot during a panel at Comic-Con, which was held in San Diego last week. “We have teams scouting Iraq and parts of Syria where ISIS have their greatest strongholds,” the 69-year-old reportedly said during the panel. “We’re working with the locals there to help deliver the most intense and realistic Rambo movie experience ever.”
While the ISIS plot is erroneous, Stallone seemingly confirmed plans for Rambo: Last Blood in December via Twitter. “Doing Scarpa based on Gangster Greg Scarpa after LAST BLOOD RAMBO,” the actor wrote, referencing Scarpa, an upcoming gangster drama based on the infamous mob hitman.