LeBron James is taking his talents to outer space.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, LBJ is set to star in the long-rumored sequel to Space Jam, the 1996 animated hit that pitted Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny against a team of intergalactic basketball baddies, with Fast & Furious 6 director Justin Lin tapped to helm the project (as well as co-write the script). James’ involvement in the film has been the subject of much discussion ever since his production company signed a content-creation deal with Warner Bros. last year, and now, it seems he’s truly going to step into MJ’s moon boots – much to Blake Griffin’s dismay.
Of course, there’s been no official word from the Cavs’ star about the film (he’s kind of busy with the NBA Playoffs) and all we really know about the status of Space Jam 2 is that it’s “in the works,” but any news is good news for folks clamoring to see LeBron share the court with someone more cartoonish than J.R. Smith. And to help move the production process along, we’ve come up with a list of potential titles Justin Lin can use in his script – just give us a cameo on the Monstars team whenever you start filming, dude.
- Space Jam 2: Steph Curry Was Busy
- Space Jam 2: The LeBronening
- Space Jam 2: Bill Murray Slowly Stumbles Into Frame
- Space Jam 2: Witness the Weightlessness
- Space Jam 2: This Was Probably a Better Idea Ten Years Ago
- Space Jam 2: Higher Than LeBron’s Hairline
- Space Jam 2: Mozgov Smash!
- Space Jam 2: Wanna Bet We Make a ‘Crying Jordan’ Joke?
- Space Jam 2: Delonte West Slides Into Lola Bunny’s DMs
- Space Jam 2: LeBron Can’t Beat the Monstars, So He Joins Them
- Space Jam 2: We’ll Remake Anything
- Space Jam 2: We’re Not Returning R. Kelly’s Phone Calls
- Space Jam 2: Kobe Bryant Would Never Do Bullshit Like This In a Million Years