Shain Gandee Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Rolling Stone
Home Movies Movie News

Shain Gandee Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Police confirm cause of ‘Buckwild’ star’s death last weekend

Shain Gandee of MTV's Buckwild

Shain Gandee of MTV's 'Buckwild'.

Peter Kramer/NBC/NBC NewsWire via Getty Images

Police have confirmed that Buckwild star Shain Gandee died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Gandee, 21, was found dead in Sissonville, West Virginia, Monday with his 48-year-old uncle David Gandee and 27-year-old friend Donald Robert Myers. All three deaths have been ruled accidental.

‘Buckwild’: Drink, Slap, Cry, Repeat

Gandee was reported missing over the weekend after leaving a bar early Sunday morning with his uncle. The two told others at the bar that they were going off-roading in Gandee’s Ford Bronco. Kanawha County Commission Corporal B.D. Humphreys said the Bronco’s muffler was stuck in mud, causing a gas leak into the car, according to US Weekly. Authorities needed a bulldozer to remove the vehicle from the mud.

Though Buckwild had been renewed for a second season, MTV has halted production on the rural West Virginia reality show. Gandee’s family is currently raising funds for funeral expenses. “I know the strain they are going through,” Shain’s cousin Ashley Gandee, told TMZ. “It’s hard to provide a proper burial. It’s already tough with the loss of family members. . . . expenses are tough as well.”

In This Article: MTV


Powered by
Arrow Created with Sketch. Calendar Created with Sketch. Path Created with Sketch. Shape Created with Sketch. Plus Created with Sketch. minus Created with Sketch.