The opening ceremony for Blizzcon 2017 kicked off at 2 p.m. ET and proceeded to drop news, cinematics, trailers and new characters for the next hour. You can watch it in the video above. Or just skip to the bottom of this story to see all of the big news neatly packaged for you below.
While Blizzard has quite a selection of titles to talk about - Overwatch, StarCraft, Hearthstone, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm - -most people expect that this show will be very focused on the World of Warcraft.The BlizzCon show floor map tells the story:
The BlizzCon show floor map is dominated by the game. The World of Warcraft demo-space footprint features hundreds of machines ready to show attendees new content –- perhaps even a taste of at new expansion.
Hang out here for news as it breaks, and while you're waiting you should read up on the massive impact Blizzard's massively multiplayer online game has had on all sorts of genres and titles.
And here's a rundown of the day's big news:
- Battle of Azeroth Is Next 'World of Warcraft' Expansion
- Battle of Azeroth: 'World of Warcraft' Game Director Discusses Expansions
- Blizzard is Bringing Back Vanilla 'World of Warcraft'
- New 'Overwatch' Animated Short Brings the Reinhardt Feels
- Blizzcon: New Map and Hero Coming Soon to Overwatch
- 'Hearthstone' Gets Kobolds & Catacombs New Expansion, Roguelike Single-Player Mode
- 'Heroes of the Storm' Adds Hanzo from 'Overwatch'
- StarCraft II' is Going Free-to-Play