Conor McGregor teaming up with the WWE might not be as farfetched as it once seemed.
Here’s how it all started. A couple of months ago, McGregor called out just about everyone associated with the WWE by calling them “messed up pussies” and then singled out some of the big names in the game like John Cena, who McGregor called a “big, fat, 40-year-old failed Mr. Olympia motherfucker.” Brock Lesnar responded by saying “I take shits bigger than that kid” and C.M. Punk confirmed his fellow wrestlers didn’t take too kindly to McGregor’s comments.
I didn’t mean no disrespect to the @wwe fans. What I meant to say was that I’d slap the head off your entire roster. And twice on Sunday’s.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) August 7, 2016
While some didn’t pay much attention to what that could possibly mean for McGregor and the WWE, some were quick to point out that McGregor would make for a perfect wrestling heel. That belief gained a little more steam last week, when Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer reported that McGregor is “very much” on the WWE’s radar for a future television appearance. And now, McGregor’s agent is letting everyone know that they’re open to any offers the WWE might have.
“I think it’s all about business, man,” Audie Attar said on ESPN’s 5ive Rounds podcast. “If [WWE] is going to come with an offer, we are willing to entertain it. We are here. Have their people call his people – which is me. We can have a conversation.”
It helps that Triple H was spotted in attendance at UFC 205 and said McGregor has “the personality, the skills, the talk” to succeed in the world of wrestling. He even managed to compare McGregor to Floyd Mayweather – “[McGregor] could do just as well as Floyd Mayweather when he fought the Big Show,” Triple H said – so this has all the makings of a showdown somewhere.