Bachelor in Paradise is back in business after claims of misconduct on set resulted in a suspension of production more than one week ago. Both ABC and Warner Bros., the production company behind the popular Bachelor series spinoff, released statements Tuesday confirming that the show will resume filming following a thorough investigation.
"As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico," the statement reads according to Us Weekly and other outlets. "We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed."
According to the statement, the company found no evidence of wrongdoing after reviewing tapes of the alleged incident, and will therefore move forward with production as planned, with Bachelor in Paradise premiering this summer.
"Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident," the statement continues. "We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants."
Earlier this month, news broke that Bachelor in Paradise had stopped production immediately after a producer alleged that there was inappropriate behavior on set between cast members Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. In the following days, Chris Harrison issued an apology to fans for the “inconvenience,” and both Olympios and Jackson armed themselves with attorneys in what became a headline-making debacle.
Olympios claimed in a statement that she was a "victim" who had blacked out from drinking, and was therefore unable to consent to any sexual encounter between herself and Jackson. (According to Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman, a source said both Olympios and Jackson were extremely inebriated when they got frisky in the pool.)
"Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against production," the statement reads, adding that, "as a woman, this is my worst nightmare."
In response, Jackson's lawyer called for tapes of the incident to be released, claiming that they would "vindicate DeMario's name." Since news of the alleged misconduct first surfaced, Jackson has lost his job and, he said in a statement, both his "character and family name has been assassinated."
There is no word yet as to whether Olympios or Jackson will return to Mexico with the rest of their cast mates when filming resumes.