70. Darryl Nelson
Best-known episode: "The Wizard"
Unlike Donna Chang, who seemed to be making conspicuous efforts to be mistaken for Chinese, Darryl Nelson doesn't really do anything to suggest a particular ethnic identity. But Elaine is nonetheless confused and intrigued after Jerry mistakes her new beau for being "a black guy." Darryl (played by Samuel Bliss Cooper) complicates matters further when he explains the reason he has so many traditional African masks hanging in his apartment: They are from South Africa, he says. "My family used to live there, but they got out years ago…for obvious reasons." Although he mirrors Elaine's excitement about being part of an interracial couple after he assumes she is Latina ("Your name's Benez…you kept taking me to those Spanish restaurants"), Darryl doesn't seem too fazed when they figure out that they're "just a couple white people," and gladly agrees when Elaine suggests they "go to the Gap." JENNY ELISCU
• And They're Spectacular! 10 Actors on Their Memorable 'Seinfeld' Roles
• Master of Their Domain: 10 Great 'Seinfeld' Episodes
• Not That There's Anything Wrong With These: 5 'Sein-Fail' Episodes
• Stopping Short: 10 'Seinfeld' Episodes You Forgot You Loved
• Close Talkers and Double Dippers: 15 Phrases 'Seinfeld' Spawned
• Yada, Yada, Yada: Larry David on 25 Years of 'Seinfeld'
• Milos, Mets, Magic Loogies: The 25 Greatest 'Seinfeld' Sports Episodes