You're Invited: Book Party for 'Griftopia' Tomorrow Night
Hello, everybody. Apologies first for the prolonged absence -- not only am I on deadline right now but I've also been on the road. Just got back from Wisconsin this morning and am scrambling to finish work on time to vote; trying not to think about some of the results that are coming this evening. The Wisconsin situation with Russ Feingold is very depressing, but of course, depressing and stupid seems to be the theme for this election season generally.
On to the better news: my new book, Griftopia, is coming out tomorrow, and for those of you in New York, I'm having a launch party/event at the McNally/Jackson bookstore down at 52 Prince Street, tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. Also appearing is the Mark Crispin Miller, with whom I'm going to be talking high finance, politics and other stuff. So if you've got some time after work and want to join in a discussion about the financial crisis and the elections and all the related madness, please come by, it should be a good time. Many thanks to my editor Chris Jackson and the folks at Spiegel and Grau for putting it together.
Around the Web
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'