You're Invited: Book Party for 'Griftopia' Tomorrow Night
Hello, everybody. Apologies first for the prolonged absence -- not only am I on deadline right now but I've also been on the road. Just got back from Wisconsin this morning and am scrambling to finish work on time to vote; trying not to think about some of the results that are coming this evening. The Wisconsin situation with Russ Feingold is very depressing, but of course, depressing and stupid seems to be the theme for this election season generally.
On to the better news: my new book, Griftopia, is coming out tomorrow, and for those of you in New York, I'm having a launch party/event at the McNally/Jackson bookstore down at 52 Prince Street, tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. Also appearing is the Mark Crispin Miller, with whom I'm going to be talking high finance, politics and other stuff. So if you've got some time after work and want to join in a discussion about the financial crisis and the elections and all the related madness, please come by, it should be a good time. Many thanks to my editor Chris Jackson and the folks at Spiegel and Grau for putting it together.
Around the Web
Around the Web
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'