You're Invited: Book Party for 'Griftopia' Tomorrow Night
Hello, everybody. Apologies first for the prolonged absence -- not only am I on deadline right now but I've also been on the road. Just got back from Wisconsin this morning and am scrambling to finish work on time to vote; trying not to think about some of the results that are coming this evening. The Wisconsin situation with Russ Feingold is very depressing, but of course, depressing and stupid seems to be the theme for this election season generally.
On to the better news: my new book, Griftopia, is coming out tomorrow, and for those of you in New York, I'm having a launch party/event at the McNally/Jackson bookstore down at 52 Prince Street, tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. Also appearing is the Mark Crispin Miller, with whom I'm going to be talking high finance, politics and other stuff. So if you've got some time after work and want to join in a discussion about the financial crisis and the elections and all the related madness, please come by, it should be a good time. Many thanks to my editor Chris Jackson and the folks at Spiegel and Grau for putting it together.
Around the Web
Around the Web
SalonBehind-The-Scenes Secrets Of Comedy’s ’90s Glory Days
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Adele Perform Smoky '25' Ballad 'Million Years Ago'
- Tips for Dealing With Fake 'Racist Uncle' Think Pieces This Thanksgiving
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'