Lost amid the hullabaloo over Bob Gates' proposal to end production of a couple of Cold War weapons systems (the grossly expensive F-22 and the even more strategically absurd DDG-1000 destroyer) is the fact that these "cuts" are more than offset by an increase to the core 2010 defense budget of more than $20 billion. That's right. Obama's seeking to spend more than Bush did in the 2009 budget. Yes, Gates is suggesting a slightly saner reallocation of resources. But the Defense budget is still bloated and growing larger.
When Are Defense "Cuts" Actually an Increase?
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Sorry, Not Sorry: Watch 29 Celebs Perform Justin Bieber Hit
- Flashback: Lady Gaga's First Grammy Performance
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All