Watch: Taibbi on 'Parker/Spitzer'
Went on the new Parker/Spitzer show last night -- have been looking forward to this one because the governor knows more about the finance shenanigans than anyone -- and it turned out to be a good talk, mostly about the Tea Party. I have to apologize to the planet earth for two things. One, when Spitzer asks who my heroes are in this climate, I somehow forgot to mention Elizabeth Warren, who I still think should be gearing up to run for president. I also screwed up the name of Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley, calling him "Ron" Merkley, and this is embarrassing to admit but I did this because I was confusing Merkley with an old New England Patriots draft choice, a linebacker named Ron Merkerson, who, if memory serves me correctly, had to retire because of microfracture issues. Senator Merkley, my apologies.
NOTE: I will be doing a reading in Denver, Colorado tonight, at the Tattered Cover bookstore, along with my friend David Sirota. Address is 1628 16th Street Denver, CO 80202.
Around the Web
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Traits of an Awesome Band Member
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
Salon11 Artists Who Are Still Great After Four Decades
- John Fogerty Explains Creedence Clearwater Revival's Hall of Fame Meltdown
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Celebrities Who Have Left Scientology
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Idris Elba on 'Beasts of No Nation' and Making Grown Men Cry
- John Mayer and Grateful Dead's Bob Weir Talk Upcoming Dead & Company Tour