Watch: Taibbi on 'Parker/Spitzer'
Went on the new Parker/Spitzer show last night -- have been looking forward to this one because the governor knows more about the finance shenanigans than anyone -- and it turned out to be a good talk, mostly about the Tea Party. I have to apologize to the planet earth for two things. One, when Spitzer asks who my heroes are in this climate, I somehow forgot to mention Elizabeth Warren, who I still think should be gearing up to run for president. I also screwed up the name of Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley, calling him "Ron" Merkley, and this is embarrassing to admit but I did this because I was confusing Merkley with an old New England Patriots draft choice, a linebacker named Ron Merkerson, who, if memory serves me correctly, had to retire because of microfracture issues. Senator Merkley, my apologies.
NOTE: I will be doing a reading in Denver, Colorado tonight, at the Tattered Cover bookstore, along with my friend David Sirota. Address is 1628 16th Street Denver, CO 80202.
Around the Web
Around the Web
- Sinead O'Connor Threatens Suicide in Dire Facebook Post
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Jimmy Page Before Led Zeppelin: 20 Great Sixties Session Songs
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Watch Pearl Jam Cover U2's 'A Sort of Homecoming' at Colombia Concert