Trans-Atlantic Bomb Plot Updates: "This Was Intended to Be Mass Murder on an Unimaginable Scale"
- Scotland Yard claims to have prevented "untold death and destruction... This was intended to be mass murder on an unimaginable scale."
- 21 people in custody.
- At least two fugitives still at large.
- Liquid chemical explosives planned to be detonated.
- British Nationals linked to Al Qaeda suspected.
- Senior U.S. intelligence official to Fox: "They were not yet sitting on an airplane but they were very close to travelling. This was the real deal."
- Heathrow closed to incoming flights.
- Baby food and formula only fluids allowed on British flights; must be taste tested. Same restrictions expected in U.S.
- Only IDs, tickets, cash and credit cards allowed as carry-ons. No electronics.