Leading breast-cancer charity the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, which earlier this week drew a ferocious backlash when it announced it was pulling funding for Planned Parenthood, on the grounds that the family planning organization was under congressional investigation, released a statement on Friday revising its funding policy: "We want to apologize to the American public for recent decisions that cast doubt upon our commitment to our mission of saving women's lives," the statement says. "The events of this week have been deeply unsettling for our supporters, partners and friends and all of us at Susan G. Komen. We have been distressed at the presumption that the changes made to our funding criteria were done for political reasons or to specifically penalize Planned Parenthood." There remains some doubt over whether PP's funding will be fully restored, but anything short of that is sure to cast doubt upon Komen's commitment "to saving women's lives." This and other unexpected news in today's installment of our Daily Threat Assessment photo gallery.
The Komen Foundation Makes a U-Turn on Planned Parenthood Funding
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere