A Republican won Tuesday's special election to replace disgraced junk-tweeting congressman Anthony Weiner in New York's Democrat-leaning 9th District. This is really something. "The last time the 9th District had a Republican congressman," quipped Jon Stewart on last night's Daily Show. Harlem congressman Charlie Rangel hadn't even started his 15th term yet." The essential takeaway: "The only thing powerful enough to drive a wedge between the Democrats and their constituents was Anthony Weiner's …" – well, you know. Stewart breaks down the election below.
The End of Weinergate: Jon Stewart on the NY-9 Special Election
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'