A Republican won Tuesday's special election to replace disgraced junk-tweeting congressman Anthony Weiner in New York's Democrat-leaning 9th District. This is really something. "The last time the 9th District had a Republican congressman," quipped Jon Stewart on last night's Daily Show. Harlem congressman Charlie Rangel hadn't even started his 15th term yet." The essential takeaway: "The only thing powerful enough to drive a wedge between the Democrats and their constituents was Anthony Weiner's …" – well, you know. Stewart breaks down the election below.
The End of Weinergate: Jon Stewart on the NY-9 Special Election
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonBehind-The-Scenes Secrets Of Comedy’s ’90s Glory Days
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Adele Perform Smoky '25' Ballad 'Million Years Ago'
- 10 New Artists You Need to Know: November 2015
- 3 Hot New Colorado Weed Strains
- The Making of Band Aid: Secrets and Stories From the Star-Studded Session
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'