Daily Show correspondent and "Moneyed American" John Hodgman appeared on the show last night to staunchly defend his fellow one percenters, who, quite unfairly, are "completely outnumbered" by America's other 99 percent. Accompanied by Yale a cappella singers – "the rich man's human microphone" – Hodgman bemoaned the lot of the maligned upper class. "Instead of being vilified, we millionaires and billionaires should be celebrated for the inspiration we provide," he said. "We are the embodiment of the American Dream – that if you work hard and make sacrifices, all people can be part of the 1 percent." Watch it below:
The Daily Show: Defending the One Percenters!
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Sam Smith on Tom Petty Settlement: 'Similarities' But 'Complete Coincidence'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Tom DeLonge Leaves Blink-182
- Sundance 2015: Intimate 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' Doc Stuns at Premiere
- Nick Jonas on Partying With Taylor Swift and Becoming a Gay Icon
- Xmas or Bust: The Untold Story of 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'
- WWE 'Royal Rumble' Recap: The Philadelphia Phuck You