Daily Show correspondent and "Moneyed American" John Hodgman appeared on the show last night to staunchly defend his fellow one percenters, who, quite unfairly, are "completely outnumbered" by America's other 99 percent. Accompanied by Yale a cappella singers – "the rich man's human microphone" – Hodgman bemoaned the lot of the maligned upper class. "Instead of being vilified, we millionaires and billionaires should be celebrated for the inspiration we provide," he said. "We are the embodiment of the American Dream – that if you work hard and make sacrifices, all people can be part of the 1 percent." Watch it below:
The Daily Show: Defending the One Percenters!
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Real People Screwed By 'True-Story' Movies Based On Them
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died At Age 27
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Cracked6 On-Set Arguments That Almost Derailed Classic Films
- Prince in the Nineties: An Oral History
- Gwen Stefani Enlists George Clooney, Julia Roberts for 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Why America Can't Quit the Drug War
- 10 Songs You Didn't Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Detail New Album 'The Getaway'
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius