The Barackster and 'Griftopia'?
Greetings, folks. Going to press here on a Friday afternoon at Rolling Stone; have a very long feature coming out next week on the topic of why nobody on Wall Street is going to jail.
I got a very surprising piece of news this morning; apparently the American Booksellers Association presented a list of books to president Obama for the White House library -- and my book, Griftopia, was one of them. My editor joked that one of Obama's aides probably hurtled across the room, Six Million-Dollar Man style, to keep the book out of the president's hands.
More coming, and the Supreme Court has its first ruling on the way...
Note: Apparently Obama had an exchange with a bookseller about the book:
I was the last person to hand him my book. "I figured somebody had to bring a political book" I said as I handed him a copy of Matt Taibbi's "Griftopia," a jaundiced, startling view of the financial meltdown. "Oh I know who Matt Taibbi is," Obama said. "He sometimes doesn't have a very high opinion of me." As if to prove his point, he opened the book to an early page and read aloud the chapter heading, "The Biggest A**hole in the Universe," a portrait of Alan Greenspan. "He's not talking about you there," I joked, giving him a pat on the shoulder.
Around the Web
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Cracked5 Wildly Inappropriate Relationships In Movies
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- Watch John Oliver Explain Broken U.S. Mental Health System
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- John Fogerty on New Memoir and Why He Sort of Likes Donald Trump
- Watch Jewel Duet With Dave Grohl on 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk