Taibbi on Imus: How Municipal Bond-Rigging Robbed Americans of Billions
I appeared on Imus in the morning this morning .... The I-Man roped me into a discussion about Roger Clemens, never a good situtation for an embittered Red Sox fan like myself.
Also, for those interested, keep your eye out this weekend for the Bill Moyers Show. I joined the always-excellent Yves Smith for a segment on "How Big Banks Victimize Our Democracy." In any case here's video from the Imus segment:
Check in here in the next few days for a follow up to my new story online, "The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia." I spent months working on a piece on this fascinating topic – a nationwide bid-rigging scam in the municipal bond markets that involved virtually every major bank in America (and some in Europe). If you haven't read the piece, it's online now; I have some material that I had to leave out that I'll be putting online in the next few days.
Around the Web
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'