Taibbi on Imus: How Municipal Bond-Rigging Robbed Americans of Billions
I appeared on Imus in the morning this morning .... The I-Man roped me into a discussion about Roger Clemens, never a good situtation for an embittered Red Sox fan like myself.
Also, for those interested, keep your eye out this weekend for the Bill Moyers Show. I joined the always-excellent Yves Smith for a segment on "How Big Banks Victimize Our Democracy." In any case here's video from the Imus segment:
Check in here in the next few days for a follow up to my new story online, "The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia." I spent months working on a piece on this fascinating topic – a nationwide bid-rigging scam in the municipal bond markets that involved virtually every major bank in America (and some in Europe). If you haven't read the piece, it's online now; I have some material that I had to leave out that I'll be putting online in the next few days.
Around the Web
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- NBA Free Agency: How the Spurs Swung LaMarcus Aldridge