Taibbi: Now on Twitter
Hello everyone. I'm back from my vacation/honeymoon (which was fantastic) and gradually getting back to normal depressing life all over again. I'm still more or less happy, but hope to be completely miserable by Friday at the earliest.
I have a couple of housekeeping issues with the new blog. For one, I'm finally giving in and starting a Twitter account. Some guy or guys started a fake one in my name a year ago, then in a nice gesture apologized and sent me the login info. So twitter.com/mtaibbi is now not a fake account but a real one.
And as a test, I'm going to use the account to post a link to my Men's Journal piece on the World Cup and why it sucks, which feels very appropriate today, especially after that amazing diving incident involving the Brazilian player Kaka ("kakat" in Russian means to "take a dump," so I wonder what kind of response this guy gets in Slavic countries). The MJ piece is here.
I'm going to switching off finance for a time and will be covering some BP stuff in the upcoming weeks. More to come soon. Again, apologize for the long absence.
Around the Web
Around the Web
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- George Lucas Explains Controversial Greedo–Han Solo 'Star Wars' Edit
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- Jimmy Page Before Led Zeppelin: 20 Great Sixties Session Songs
- Acid Tests Turn 50: Wavy Gravy, Merry Prankster Ken Babbs Look Back