Next week, I'm informed via troubled White House sources, will see the full unveiling of Karl Rove's fall election strategy. He's intending to line up 9/11 families to accuse McCain, Warner and Graham of delaying justice for the perpetrators of that atrocity, because they want to uphold the ancient judicial traditions of the U.S. military and abide by the Constitution. He will use the families as an argument for legalizing torture, setting up kangaroo courts for military prisoners, and giving war crime impunity for his own aides and cronies. This is his "Hail Mary" move for November; it's brutally exploitative of 9/11; it's pure partisanship; and it's designed to enable an untrammeled executive. Decent Republicans, Independents and Democrats must do all they can to expose and resist this latest descent into political thuggery. If you need proof that this administration's first priority is not a humane and effective counter-terror strategy, but a brutal, exploitative path to retaining power at any price, you just got it.
Rove's "Hail Mary"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Bizarre Inspirations Behind Famous Movie Scenes
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them In June
Cracked6 Movies Based on a True Story That Left Out Important Stuff
Mental Floss6 Awesome Things Bill Murray Has Done
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- 10 New Artists You Need to Know: May 2015
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 17 Reasons This 'Rhiannon' Clip Is the Coolest Thing in the Universe
- Watch RHCP's Chad Smith Jam With Children for 'Little Kids Rock' Event
- Why Swans Whipped Sheet Metal and Licked CBGB's Floor to Make 'Filth'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard: Pancho and Lefty Ride Again