Next week, I'm informed via troubled White House sources, will see the full unveiling of Karl Rove's fall election strategy. He's intending to line up 9/11 families to accuse McCain, Warner and Graham of delaying justice for the perpetrators of that atrocity, because they want to uphold the ancient judicial traditions of the U.S. military and abide by the Constitution. He will use the families as an argument for legalizing torture, setting up kangaroo courts for military prisoners, and giving war crime impunity for his own aides and cronies. This is his "Hail Mary" move for November; it's brutally exploitative of 9/11; it's pure partisanship; and it's designed to enable an untrammeled executive. Decent Republicans, Independents and Democrats must do all they can to expose and resist this latest descent into political thuggery. If you need proof that this administration's first priority is not a humane and effective counter-terror strategy, but a brutal, exploitative path to retaining power at any price, you just got it.
Rove's "Hail Mary"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- John Fogerty Explains Creedence Clearwater Revival's Hall of Fame Meltdown
- Howard Stern Blasts Roger Waters Over Israel Boycott
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- 'The Walking Dead': What to Know for Season 6
- Rihanna on Domestic Abuse: 'It's Not a Subject to Sweep Under the Rug'
- Ben Carson: 'Body With Bullet Holes' Preferable to Gun Control
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Bayley: NXT's Women's Champion Leads a Wrestling Revolution