Next week, I'm informed via troubled White House sources, will see the full unveiling of Karl Rove's fall election strategy. He's intending to line up 9/11 families to accuse McCain, Warner and Graham of delaying justice for the perpetrators of that atrocity, because they want to uphold the ancient judicial traditions of the U.S. military and abide by the Constitution. He will use the families as an argument for legalizing torture, setting up kangaroo courts for military prisoners, and giving war crime impunity for his own aides and cronies. This is his "Hail Mary" move for November; it's brutally exploitative of 9/11; it's pure partisanship; and it's designed to enable an untrammeled executive. Decent Republicans, Independents and Democrats must do all they can to expose and resist this latest descent into political thuggery. If you need proof that this administration's first priority is not a humane and effective counter-terror strategy, but a brutal, exploitative path to retaining power at any price, you just got it.
Rove's "Hail Mary"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Geto Boys' Scarface Hospitalized
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- How a Canadian U2 Tribute Band Got Onstage With the Real Thing
- Buddy Guy on the Rolling Stones: 'They Were So Damn Wild'
- Andy Samberg on '7 Days in Hell,' Mockumentaries and Threeways
- Hear Turnpike Troubadours' Roadhouse-Ready 'Down Here'
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies