Republicans on Government Cheese
On balance, Brown described himself as a "fiscal conservative" and a social moderate — talking about how his mother was "on welfare for a time" and what it was like "getting the blocks of cheese and worrying about how we're going to pay the bills."
Very funny bit in the news today — Scott Brown giving some interviews, turns out he's pro-choice and that his mother was actually on welfare once. It took Mitch McConnell about nine seconds to apologize for him. Emphasis here is mine:
He's gonna be an independent voice for Massachusetts. We expect that. Republicans from the northeast are not exactly like Republicans from the south or the west, we understand that. We have a big tent party. And we're thrilled to have him.
Freaking hilarious. BTW, can't wait for the big teabagger hoedown in Nashville this weekend. Wouldn't it be great if they had carnival-style "Purity test" booths around the conference halls?
Around the Web
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
Vibe#DumpTrump: 20 Celebrities Who Have Spoken Out Against Donald Trump
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
- Stephen King, Cheryl Strayed Sign Open Letter Condemning Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton's New Anti-Trump Ad Misses the Mark
- See 'Game of Thrones' Star Emilia Clarke Sing 'Mmmbop' in Dothraki
- Dead & Company on Summer Tour: 'You Couldn't Turn Your Back on This Music'
- Watch 'Game of Thrones' Creators 'Apologize' for Hodor
- Watch Pink's Brooding Cover of Jefferson Airplane's 'White Rabbit'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party