In a stinging slap at Mitt Romney, New Hampshire's most influential newspaper, the Union Leader, has endorsed his neck-and-neck rival Newt Gingrich in the Republican presidential race. "Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate," the Leader conceded in a front-page editorial on Sunday. "But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running." Explaining the unexpected nod, the paper's publisher Joe McQuaid predicted on Fox News that "Gingrich is going to have a better time in the general election than Mitt Romney. I think it’s going to be Obama’s 99% versus the 1%, and Romney sort of represents the 1%." This and other unexpected news in today's Threat Assessment photo gallery.
NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich, Says Romney 'Represents the 1%'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch the Edge, Adam Clayton's Shock Performance With U2 Cover Band
- Flashback: Watch Two Cut Scenes From 'Shawshank Redemption'
- Drake Responds to Meek Mill With 'Charged Up' Diss Track
- Watch the Throne: Dave Grohl on How the Foos Saved Their Summer
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Yemen's Hidden War