In a stinging slap at Mitt Romney, New Hampshire's most influential newspaper, the Union Leader, has endorsed his neck-and-neck rival Newt Gingrich in the Republican presidential race. "Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate," the Leader conceded in a front-page editorial on Sunday. "But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running." Explaining the unexpected nod, the paper's publisher Joe McQuaid predicted on Fox News that "Gingrich is going to have a better time in the general election than Mitt Romney. I think it’s going to be Obama’s 99% versus the 1%, and Romney sort of represents the 1%." This and other unexpected news in today's Threat Assessment photo gallery.
NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich, Says Romney 'Represents the 1%'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- As Nasty as They Wanna Be: The 20 Dirtiest Album Covers of All Time
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?