In a stinging slap at Mitt Romney, New Hampshire's most influential newspaper, the Union Leader, has endorsed his neck-and-neck rival Newt Gingrich in the Republican presidential race. "Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate," the Leader conceded in a front-page editorial on Sunday. "But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running." Explaining the unexpected nod, the paper's publisher Joe McQuaid predicted on Fox News that "Gingrich is going to have a better time in the general election than Mitt Romney. I think it’s going to be Obama’s 99% versus the 1%, and Romney sort of represents the 1%." This and other unexpected news in today's Threat Assessment photo gallery.
NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich, Says Romney 'Represents the 1%'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Cracked5 Wildly Inappropriate Relationships In Movies
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Watch John Oliver Explain Broken U.S. Mental Health System
- Inside Michael Jackson’s Iconic First Moonwalk Onstage
- Watch Jewel Duet With Dave Grohl on 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around'
- John Fogerty on New Memoir and Why He Sort of Likes Donald Trump
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 'Fargo': How the Midwestern Noir Just Got Even Better