In a stinging slap at Mitt Romney, New Hampshire's most influential newspaper, the Union Leader, has endorsed his neck-and-neck rival Newt Gingrich in the Republican presidential race. "Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate," the Leader conceded in a front-page editorial on Sunday. "But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running." Explaining the unexpected nod, the paper's publisher Joe McQuaid predicted on Fox News that "Gingrich is going to have a better time in the general election than Mitt Romney. I think it’s going to be Obama’s 99% versus the 1%, and Romney sort of represents the 1%." This and other unexpected news in today's Threat Assessment photo gallery.
NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich, Says Romney 'Represents the 1%'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Salon9 Actors Who Have Done Full-Frontal Nude Scenes
Cracked23 Bizarre Demands Celebrities Have Made Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
- My Favorite Grateful Dead Song: Dave Matthews, Black Keys and More
- Inside Julian Casablancas' Post-Apocalyptic New Video 'Human Sadness'
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- Legal Dispute Over B.B. King's Last Days Gets Uglier
- Watch U2 Perform 'Sweetest Thing' With Bono Impersonator
- Blink-182 Inch Toward 'Friendly Divorce' From Tom DeLonge
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Late-Night TV Hosts of All Time