In a stinging slap at Mitt Romney, New Hampshire's most influential newspaper, the Union Leader, has endorsed his neck-and-neck rival Newt Gingrich in the Republican presidential race. "Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate," the Leader conceded in a front-page editorial on Sunday. "But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running." Explaining the unexpected nod, the paper's publisher Joe McQuaid predicted on Fox News that "Gingrich is going to have a better time in the general election than Mitt Romney. I think it’s going to be Obama’s 99% versus the 1%, and Romney sort of represents the 1%." This and other unexpected news in today's Threat Assessment photo gallery.
NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich, Says Romney 'Represents the 1%'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- 'Clear' and Present Danger: Alex Gibney on His Bold Scientology Doc
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Miley Cyrus Promises 'New Rights Movement' After Controversial Indiana Law