President Barack Obama wowed an audience at a fundraiser at the Apollo Theater in New York back in January by singing the opening line from Al Green's classic, "Let's Stay Together." A clip from the event immediately went viral, and it was soon released as a free ringtone on the Obama 2012 campaign site. As it turns out, singing a bit of the tune was very much an impromptu decision, as Obama told Rolling Stone editor and publisher Jann S. Wenner during an interview in early April in the Oval Office.
LISTEN: Obama on Singing
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Watch Christina Aguilera Imitate Britney Spears, Shakira on ‘Jimmy Fallon’
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'